Winter is Here! Top Places in North India to Experience The Chill
Winter, the season of vacations and merry-making is upon us, and we need to make plans if we are to enjoy it to the fullest. Here’s listing the top places in the northern parts of India to experience the chill to the fullest.
Look and plan your trip!
- New Delhi: The national capital of our country is one of the best places to visit. It is a mixture of the ancient and the modern with a quaint charm. So, get that Bangalore to Delhi cheap air ticket and head over for a winter delight.
- Agra: Delhi is coupled with Agra on most travel plans, not just because they are quite close, but also because of the similarity in the culture and history of these two places.
- Leh and Ladakh: The barren plains with the rugged mountains jutting out from the landscape provide the perfect ambience for adventure enthusiasts and peace lovers alike. Bike rides and treks or hikes are quite common.
- Srinagar: The summer capital of Kashmir is a splendid place to be holidaying this winter, especially when you want to experience the raw nature at her best. The snow-capped mountain peaks standing out against the clear blue sky will be the perfect vacation destination for you.
- Manali: One of the top favourites, Manali becomes more beautiful in winter with early snowfalls and the splendid alpine forests of deciduous trees. Winter sports are the major craze, and you would not want to not miss out on them.
- Dalhousie: With its unique charm that dates to the colonial times, this hill station is a very scenic place to be holidaying in. Some of the most beautiful churches in India are present here so do explore them on your Dalhousie trip.
- Dharamshala: Acclaimed the world over as one of the most picturesque hill stations of India, the place is covered with groves of Oak trees and is one of the greatest tourist spots and the seat of the Dalai Lama
- Kasol: Situated in the thick Pine forests of the Parvati Valley in the Himachal region, Kasol is one of the least explored hill stations. The small patches of villages scattered here and there lend a scene very pleasing to the eyes.
- Shimla: A bustling hill station, Shimla is almost a story of the fantasy world to the people visiting for the first time. Letters of snow blanketing the entire landscape get all those who visit Shimla in winter.
- Mussoorie: At an altitude of roughly two thousand metres above sea level, situated within the green rifts of the Soon valley, this colonial place is a very tempting place for trekkers, hikers and peace lovers alike.
- Nainital: The first time you see the vast lake with the city all around it on top of the hills, you are downright mesmerized. The cool and refreshing air and the scenic beauty provides a much-needed break from the hectic life.
- Ranikhet and Kausani: Located almost near the town of Nainital, the locations of Ranikhet and Kausani are almost synonymous with paradise on earth. Snow-capped mountain peaks visible in the distance, and rolling lush green fields make journeys to here, unforgettable.
There are many places such as Kasauli, Kufri and Auli which are not here in this list but are of equal importance and beauty nonetheless. Travelling to these places is not an issue as all these places are well connected with our national capital via road and via air, so head over to Delhi with a Bangalore to Delhi cheap air ticket, and cherish the marvellous winter retreats of North India.